A Registered Nurse will provide professional support and health care to tamariki and rangatahi aged between five and twelve years old who attend a decile 1 kura in Napier. Our School Based Nursing Service aims to assist tamariki and rangatahi to gain access to health services and also to assist in reducing inequalities.
Services that will be provided are but are not limited to:
- Assessments and referrals to appropriate services e.g. Health Camp, Child Development Villa
- Actively working with whānau to achieve the best outcomes for tamariki and rangatahi
- Facilitate participation in other programmes i.e. Strengthening Families Programmes
- Additional clinics for Year 7 and 8 year olds
- Health education and information for whānau
- Support the detection and treatment of problems relating to vision, hearing, behaviour and development which may enhance learning, performance and development.
We also provide support to whānau and can connect them with other health and social services.