Suicide Prevention Coordinator - Kia Piki Te Ora Coordinator
About the Role
- This is a special job for a special person and is all about whānau wellbeing. As community needs change, so does the way we deliver support.
- This is not a counselling role. You will be empowering individuals and whānau of all ages who are at risk of suicidal behaviour or have suicided, supporting them to cope and navigate and negotiate with services.
- You will use the kaupapa māori approach in strengthening the social positioning of whānau by addressing the trauma, inequities and systemic pressures that are causing their sense of helplessness
- You’ll be working at the ground level, collaborating and connecting with iwi/hapū, whānau, agencies and organisations, finding the right solutions for whānau and not being afraid to bat for those who ‘don’t have a voice’.
- Sometimes you’ll just be sitting, listening, having a cuppa and ascertaining the needs of a whānau no matter how big or small.
- No formal qualifications are required, however you’ll have broad life experiences, established community networks and connections and an ability to build and maintain positive relationships with rangatahi and whānau.
- A sound knowledge of Te reo Māori and tikanga Māori is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of whānau ora service delivery and issues affecting mental health& wellbeing is required. Ideally in the suicide prevention space.
- You will be proactive, warm and friendly, empathetic and non-judgmental, full of hope with an aspirational attitude.
- We provide supervision but you’ll also have your own excellent self-care strategies
- Great organisation and time management skills
- full Drivers Licence
What is in it for you?
We are fun, non-judgmental and all have a big heart to serve. You will work with good humans, with good hearts who embrace whānau ora, tikanga and a servant culture of warmth, friendliness and care. You’ll participate in morning karakia, waiata and regular laughs, jokes and food. We look after our people, so you can support our community.
How to apply:
Complete the Online Application below and upload a Cover Letter and CV. You may view a Position Description here. If you have not completed the online application and/or uploaded both these documents, your application will not be considered.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to be considered for this position.
Apply For this job
Do you believe that this job is the right fit for you?
Please click the link below to fill out our application form.