Whanau Ora Navigator
The Whānau Ora Navigator will develop and implement whānau aspirational plans within a community setting.This position will provide a whānau centred service working towards whānau self-management. It will provide a focal point for gathering health information, liaison and communication, advocacy and other support as identified by whānau. The position is required to promote a proactive approach to health and wellbeing and provide support to whānau to bring about better whānau outcomes.
The overarching principles that will guide this programme will include:
- Living healthy lifestyle
- Participating fully in society
- Confidently participating in Te Ao Māori
- Economically secure
- Successfully involved in wealth creation and cohesion, resilient and nurturing
- Strengths based service delivery leading to measurable Whānau Ora gains and outcomes.
A key function is to engage with clients and their whānau. This is to provide coordination and/or facilitating activities, services and opportunities to support the aspirations of whānau to become self-managing and take responsibility for their health, economic,cultural, social development and wellbeing.
The following would be preferable:
- Experience in social work.
- An understanding of Māori community, local knowledge.
- An understanding of working with whānau.
- An understanding of working with agencies, sectors locally, regionally, nationally.
- Problem solving experience.
Please download a Position Description here.
Apply For this job
Do you believe that this job is the right fit for you?
Please click the link below to fill out our application form.